Wednesday 20 August 2014

Linguine Bolognese

Bolognese sauce-it's a headache! My kids love bolognese-styled pasta but have always dislike the one I cook. I love to add in all the vegetables for all the vitamins and minerals but they can't be visible. Otherwise, my kids will turn their noses and eyes away. A cheat way that I have learnt from my friend (Thank you, Esther) is to blend all the vegetables and make them into a sauce for bolognese. Oh! This time round, I have decided to skip the onion. Both munchkins gobbled up their pasta very quickly and asked for more. 
I'm a happy mummy! :)

Blended vegetables
Bolognese Sauce
Yummy!

Ingredients
500g of minced beef
1 medium red bell pepper
1 medium carrot
1 medium yellow bell pepper
4 tomatoes
2 tsp thyme
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp basil
2 tsp salt
2 pieces bay leaf
1 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp butter
2 X 500g crushed tomatoes (store bought)

* Onion is optional and add more salt if needed

Optional
Grated parmesan

Method

  1. Cut all vegetables and blend them till pureed. Set aside.
  2. Heat up a pan with butter and fry minced beef till browned.
  3. Pour minced beef into a pot and add in vegetable puree.
  4. Cook at medium heat till boiling point and add in all spices and crushed tomatoes.
  5. Simmer at low heat for 25 mins and turn off heat but keep the pot on the stove.  
  6. In the meanwhile, cook your desired pasta and top up with bolognese sauce and grated parmesan before serving. 


No comments:

Post a Comment