Thursday 30 April 2015

Easy Granola Bars

I dislike rainy days. What shall I do?
Bake! Cook! My favourite activites when I'm home. 
I found some ingredients in my pantry that I think I could use them for energy or granola bars? I thought it could be good for me to bring to school to keep away my hunger pangs. Easy peasy job and they are quite good. Try it out!


My pan was too big! 
Smells so good!
Care for a piece?
Easy for me to take them out


Ingredients
3 medium-sized bananas (mashed well)
100g of sunflower seeds
30g of chocolate chips
20g of almond flakes
300g of instant oats
100g of raisins
1 tsp of vanilla extract
butter for greasing

Method
  1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
  2. Grease a pan with some butter and place a parchment paper on it.
  3. Mashed the bananas in a bowl.
  4. Add in instant oats and stir well.
  5. Add in sunflower seeds, raisins, almond flakes and vanilla extract. Mix well.
  6. Stir in chocolate chips and combine well.
  7. Ladle mixture into a greased rectangular or square pan.
  8. Press firmly down till mixture is compact and smooth out with a spoon or your hands. 
  9. Bake for abt 20-30mins till firm and lightly golden at the edges. 
  10. Take out the pan and let it cool down for 15 minutes. 
  11. Use a knife and carefully slide out the granola square, lift it out from the pan and let it cool down completely.
  12. Cut the granola square into desired shape and size.
  13. Wrap with parchment paper and keep individual pieces in an air-tight container or keep in individual packaging bags.
  14. Enjoy!
p.s. You can basically use any ingredients that you fancy. Use a mixture of sweet and natural ingredients such as dates, cranberries, cherries, walnuts, pumpkin seeds and etc. The list goes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment