Friday 1 May 2015

Fluffy and Soft 'No Knead Dough' Bread

Like what I have mentioned in one of my previous posts, I rarely bake bread. I'm a jinx when it comes to yeast. But I was so eager to try this out. The link was given by a mummy in one of my FB groups. Thank you, mummy Zarah Al' Khadri. Very fluffy and soft inside and yet crispy on the outside. I salvaged 2 pieces immediately when I sliced the bread. Slabbed with a generous amount of butter, the bread was in my tummy, in no time. 
I hope my munchkins will like them. :D

Almost a perfect dome
The bottom crust
Oh my! Oh my!

Ingredients

485g of flour
2 tsps of sugar
1 tsp of salt
12g of instant yeast
472g of lukewarm water (about 38-40 degrees)
2 tbsps of butter (at room temperature)
1 large oven proof bowl (I have used my large Pyrex bowl)

Method
  1. Put flour, salt, sugar and instant yeast in a large mixing bowl. 
  2. Whisk them well.
  3. Add in lukewarm water and fold the dough till all is mixed and combined well.
  4. Cover the bowl with a tea towel and leave to rest for 1 hour. Try to leave it at a warm place so that the yeast can work out/activate.
  5. Grease 1 large oven proof bowl. 
  6. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
  7. Use 2 forks ( I have used dessert forks) and punch down the dough while scraping the sides down. 
  8. Try to turn the dough up (like folding method) and let the dough come out loose from the bowl.
  9. The dough is very sticky and clingy. 
  10. Scoop up the dough and plop it into the oven proof bowl.
  11. Let it rise again for another 20-30 minutes or till the dough is slightly below the edge of the bowl.
  12. Bake for 15 minutes.
  13. Reduce the temperature to 180 degrees and continue to bake for another 15-20 minutes.
  14. Remove the bowl from the oven and turn over the loaf onto a cooling rack. 
  15. The loaf should be golden brown in colour and slightly firm to touch. Let it cool down for about 15-20 minutes before slicing it up. 
  16. Enjoy your freshly baked bread!

Note: 
Recipe is taken and adapted from http://www.alexandracooks.com/2012/11/07/my-mothers-peasant-bread-the-best-easiest-bread-you-will-ever-make
There are other variations to making this bread if you fancy a more flavourful type. :)

2 comments:

  1. Be friends with yeast and you'll discover a world of possibilities :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm going to try my best to be a good friend. I want to explore more on bread making. Thanks! ;)

      Delete