Saturday 13 June 2015

My MIL's Cake

I call it my MIL's cake as it's a recipe from her (I have changed it by putting raisins and omitted the topping) and my boss loves it. He: It's simple and nice, why do you always want to make funny cakes? Yes, he calls my other bakery stuff as funny cakes. Hmmmmm......

Pretty smooth batter
My sister: Sultana cake! (sent this pic to my sis via LINE)
Fresh from the oven
Joanne Dong: Show me a picture of it when you have cut it (a request from my friend in watsapp)
Would you like  a piece?

Ingredients
100g of butter
70g sugar
2 eggs
100 ml of milk
100g of flour
2 tsps of baking powder

A handful of raisins
If you like other toppings like chocolate chips, grated coconut or dried fruits, you can use them

Method
  1. Preheat your oven at 200 degrees. 
  2. Grease your baking pan. You can use a rectangle pan (like mine) or a round pan-6 inch. It's not a cake that rises high up.
  3. Melt butter in a pot. Set aside. 
  4. Sift flour n baking powder. Set aside. 
  5. Whisk sugar n eggs till mixed.
  6. Pour melted butter and milk into egg mixture and whisk till combined. 
  7. Whisk in sifted flour & baking powder till batter is smooth. 
  8. Sprinkle raisins all over. You can coat them with a little flour, to prevent sinking too much into the bottom.
  9. Pour into the baking pan.
  10. Put the pan in the middle of the oven and bake for 20-30mins or till golden brown or till a skewer comes out clean. 
  11. If temp is too high and cake starts to crack, you have to reduce temperature or put at lower shelf. Take it out n leave to cool completely before slicing.
  12. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment