Sunday 3 May 2015

Stir-fried Spicy Thai Holy Basil* Minced Pork

Get yourself a big glass of water


I like spicy food. I guess it is in the genes of many Asians. I have been cooking spicy dishes lately and my husband is 'suffering' (the day after); if you know what I mean. Haha! Try this if you fancy a perk-me-up dish in your meals.



Ingredients
300g of minced pork (you can replace with beef or chicken)
2 packets of store-bought Holy Basil seasoning sauce (I got them from the Asian store)
2 pcs of fresh bird's eye chillies (you can replace with the regular chillies if you fancy a less spicy version)
2-3 tsps of chilli flakes
A handful of fresh Thai basil* (I bought the Italian type from local ICA but you can always get the Thai basil from an Asian store)
4 cloves of minced garlic
1 tbsp of oil

Method
  1. Heat up oil in a frying pan.
  2. Fry garlic and fresh bird's eye chillies till fragrant. 
  3. Add in minced pork and fry till cooked.
  4. Add in chilli flakes and fry for a minute.
  5. Add in the 2 sachets of ready made sauce and fry for another 8-10 minutes.
  6. Dish up and garnish with fresh basil.
  7. Serve warm with rice. 

Note: This is the ready-made sauce in sachet form.
Image is taken from templeofthai.com




2 comments:

  1. err.. do you use italian basil for thai cooking????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I did, Sha as I couldn't find Thai Basil on the day I went to the store and I didn't make a trip to the Asian store. ;)

    ReplyDelete