Thursday 11 September 2014

Curry with Potatoes and Pork Cutlets

Tean's Gourmet Chicken Curry
Fried potatoes+ a piece of brown sugar

Fried Pork Cutlets

SPICY!

I'm no expert in cooking curries. Usually, I use store-bought sauces or powder. I have tried doing from scratch but it's too much work and doesn't have the ommph that I fancy. I like Tean's Gourmet's ready-made sauces. Easy and yummy! Today, I have decided to do a dry curry type with salted pork cutlets and fried potatoes. Add  2 medium-sized tomatoes, 1 piece of brown sugar and a few stones of rock sugar. These complete the whole dish. If you want it burning in your tongue, forget about the sugar and tomatoes. 

Ingredients
1 packet of Tean's Gourmet Curry Chicken Sauce
6-8 medium-sized potatoes-in cubes and browned
200 g pork cutlets-in desired size and browned (I have some salted pork cutlets left, therefore I used them. You can use any other meat. )
1 small piece of brown sugar
2 medium-sized tomatoes
a few stones of rock sugar
oil  for frying

Method
  1. Fry potatoes and pork cutlets till browned and set aside.
  2. Heat up curry chicken sauce in a pot and add in potatoes and tomatoes.
  3. Let them boil for about 5 mins and add in the 2 types of sugar.
  4. Lastly add in pork cutlets, mix well and let the curry simmer for about 10 mins.
  5. You can add coconut milk for the creamy taste. 
  6. Serve warm with rice or bread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment