Thursday 18 June 2015

Salmon and Pumpkin Curry

My very first time of buying a pumpkin and using it. I remember that hubby told me that he liked a 'sauce pumpkin dish' when he was working at the branch office in KL. He couldn't say more of the dish when I probed further. So, I thought why not try curry (sauce?) as it is sweet in taste and with a combination of curry, it should be quite good. Perhaps that was something similar to what he said? The verdict.
He: I like it, quite similar but not SOO spicy. Hmm..next time, I will use only 30g of red curry paste.

I like the colour
Remember to use coconut milk or cream
Looks good?
Ingredients

1 butterscotch pumpkin - cut into cubes of your desired size
2 blocks of salmon (about 200g)- cut into cubes
1 onion- cut into quarters
a handful of curry leaves and Thai basil* (I didn't have the Thai basil, so I have used the Italian type
150g of red curry paste (I have used Mae Ploy's brand but found it to be VERY salty AND spicy so, please do adjust accordingly and add more sugar/coconut milk if needed)
1/2 a piece of brown sugar
300 ml of coconut milk
150 ml of water
1 tsp of oil

Method
  1. Heat up your oil in the pan and stir fry the onions and curry leaves till soft and fragrant.
  2. Add in coconut milk and boil it briefly.
  3. Add in water, red curry paste, brown sugar and stir them well. 
  4. Add in pumpkin and cook till soft but not mushy. (About 15-20 mins at medium heat)
  5. PLEASE adjust the taste to your liking. Add in sugar or more coconut milk if needed.
  6. Add in the salmon pieces and cook for about 3 mins and switch off the heat.
  7. Dish up, garnish with basil and serve warm with rice.
  8. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment